Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Rollie Pollie

I saw this beautiful knitting needle case on Pink Lemon Twist and decided to make one for myself. I used some leftover fabric from the baby quilt I'm making (yes, the top is finished, one thing at a time). I figured things out as I went along and the main thing I forgot was to sew the lines for the pockets before sewing the main pieces together so it wouldn't show on the outside of the roll. I need to write down how I made it before I forget because I'll definitely be making more. It holds all of my needles perfectly! I made the pockets 1 1/2" wide which I think is a little too wide for the tiny DPNs. I could have made the overall width a little less. Also, I think the pockets are slightly too deep and the top flap needs to be a little bit longer to cover the tops of my shorter needles. And if you look closely you can see the pink embroidery stitch I used, fancy, huh? Thank you mom, I love the machine! Not only did she buy me the new Pfaff quilting machine, she also gave me her old Pfaff Creative 1475 sewing machine. I'm having so much fun!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

That's really cute and really useful.

4/20/2006 03:08:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

It looks great Heather. You should consider selling them on Ebay.

Amy

4/20/2006 06:27:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

It loooks so awesome. When i see stuff people sew, it so makes me want to learn. Oh well. I love it!

4/20/2006 07:52:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

That thing is great! Time to make another prototype, for me I think! Then open an Etsy shop! =)

4/20/2006 08:42:00 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

I'm jealous of your fancy machines. Wish mine would do fancy stitchwork like that! Very cute needle roll.

5/12/2006 02:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home