Sunday, July 23, 2006

Bad blogger....

I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted! I feel like the slowest knitter on earth, I don't know how these daily knit bloggers do it. Even though I still knit almost daily, I always feel like I have nothing to show for it. One of the reasons is that I'm easily bored with projects and often start something new. Like Picovoli, I cast on for a new Picovoli using seed stitch for the edges, a different yarn (Elsebeth Lavold Cotton Patine) and smaller needles (US4). My pink Picovoli knit with KnitPicks Shine is almost unwearable. It's too big and the picot edges roll because of it. Also, the pink is just too pink. So hopefully I'll get it right this time around. My Conwy socks are going really slowly for some reason, I have trouble finding where I left off (which I know could be easily solved by using a row counter). And the calf decreases are slowing me down quite a bit as well, again, would be much easier with a row counter. Well, I'll updated my sidebar with my current projects and progress and I'll post some pictures soon. My camera is in fact back in working order from the shop but hubby took it to work, so I have yet to try it out. But I'll leave you some pictures that my son has been taking with hubby's camera: My son's most prized possession, his Superman PJs which he insists on wearing non-stop (and if I manage to get him dressed to go somewhere, he carries them in his backpack).

4 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

I know exactly what you mean about the pink shine. I made Soleil from knitty in the same yarn and I just can't wear it. too pink, too shiny and it makes me look lumpy. Hopefully it will look better with the new yarn.

7/23/2006 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

I hope the patine works out for you. It's a much nicer yarn, so hopefully it will. Once you get past the seed stitch (again)it will fly.
I hear you on the sock. I'm on my foot decreases and it takes me 5 minutes to figure out what row I'm on, and there's only two to choose from. It's not going quickly. Oh well.

7/24/2006 08:02:00 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

I think we all go through non-knitting phases and get a bit restless.

Hope the new picovoli works out better.

7/24/2006 04:23:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I love the pic with the bird peeking out of the corner.

Amy

7/25/2006 12:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home