Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I'm still here!

I have been knitting! I've finished the Yarrow Ribbed socks, pictures and official FO report to come soon. I'm trying to decide which socks to start next. I'm thinking of making Jaywalkers or Conwy, I'll have to flip through my books. I always like to have a pair of socks on the needles. I've also been working on the Belted Wrap Jacket. I'm finally on the armhole shaping on the back, so I'm beginning to feel like there's an end in sight! It has been slow going but I am determined to finish it before starting another major project. I really want to make the Cable Hoodie I've been talking about forever. I've decided to make it with Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, thanks to Shannon for the inspiration. I just need to decide on the color. I'm thinking white or "putty" (slightly off-white). But that's so boring. I was thinking of making it in a pale blue color. But I think white would go with more things. I don't know. What color should I make it in?
*********************************
Look how cute! Hubby bought a Segway for work and we just got this awesome trailer for the kiddos to ride along. It is so much fun, I'm a little scared to ride the thing myself cuz hubby has had a few crashes on it but it's a nice thing that he can do with the kids. I am so excited because we finally got our front garden completely cleared out. It was a mess and not my style at all. It was full of perennials which is nice for a few weeks in the summer but looked terrible the rest of the year. There were hardly any bushes at all. I like something with a little more structure. Plus, there were weeds EVERYWHERE and it was so hard to tell what was what. I can't wait to put the new plants in, I have no idea what we're going to do. Luckily, our family friend is a landscaper so I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with. The screen room is finished and now there are plans for a patio between there and the deck, with a fireplace! It's going to be awesome, I love renovating our home. We've also been having some fun in the sun! He's looking so grown up! Where does the time go????

4 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

That Segway looks like so much fun! Your kids (who are adorable, by the way) must love it!!

6/06/2006 07:32:00 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

I think the putty sounds like a good idea. White can be a bit stark and blue could limit your options depending on your wardrobe.

The segway looks like a lot of fun.

6/07/2006 02:46:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

I can't believe you got all that ripping out done!

The Segway thing is awesome, tho, I admit to being scared to ride it too =)

HURRY UP WITH THE KNITS! I WANT TO SEE SOME YARN OVER HERE.

6/07/2006 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

My kids would kill for a Segway.

Amy

6/07/2006 05:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home