Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Rain Rain Go Away!

It has been raining here FOREVER. There was some serious flooding in our area and it looks like another wave of rain is about to hit. Luckily we live on top of a hill and our basement has stayed dry (knock-on-wood). But I have serious cabin fever. I managed to get out for a while today which was nice. We've been saving up for a kitchen so I opened a new savings account that we won't withdrawal from no matter what and I managed to find $200 from around the house ($93 in change!). I also visited Lowes to check out their cabinets and tile and made an appointment to meet with someone tonight. I already have a design I'm happy with so now I'm shopping around and working out the details (the fun part). We have a long way to save though since I want granite countertops! Here's a picture from this weekend of some fun in the sun, I'm longing for another day like this.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

I'm not quite sure I like that title ;)

Hope you get some sun soon.

6/28/2006 04:01:00 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

What a cute face!

6/28/2006 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Glad to hear you guys didn't get flooded out neither did we here in PA. My dream wood be to have granite countertops! Love them.

7/01/2006 05:55:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

To add to you pain, I bet your kids had cabin fever too. Yikes!

Amy

7/01/2006 07:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home