Friday, August 04, 2006

Amy Butler Covington Bag

I have a FO to show you! I finished the Amy Butler Covington bag that I intend to use as a knitting bag. I tell you, I just love sewing for the speed of a project from start to finish. With 2 kids, my time is definitely limited so my knitting projects seem to be taking forever! But with sewing I really feel like I've accomplished something after just a few hours of time. The size of the bag is perfect for small on the go knitting projects, like socks. It was fairly simple to make although I would not recommend this bag as your very first sewing project. I had a hard time sewing the Timtex interfacing onto the fabric for the bottom of the bag so I used some spray adhesive (used for basting quilts) before sewing the 2 pieces together and that worked perfectly (thank's mom!). Otherwise the pattern was pretty straightforward. I'll definitely be making more of this bag!

5 Comments:

Blogger beki said...

Cute, cute! I haven't tried that one, but I'd like to.

8/04/2006 08:55:00 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

The bag is gorgeous. I see you're not the only one who likes it.

She's adorable.

8/05/2006 05:45:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

It is adorable!

8/05/2006 07:57:00 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

Very cute. Good luck getting that back from Claire!

8/07/2006 10:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bag turned out really nicely, although could it go wrong with that cute AB fabric?

Cute little model as well!

8/25/2006 09:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home