Monday, June 26, 2006

BGLOD

My camera has come down with an illness and it's called BGLOD (blinking green light of death). Isn't that sad, that there's a name for it? Apparently it is a common problem and has been acknowledged by Nikon. So it's on its way to the repair shop under the care of UPS, hope it makes it safely! I've finally finished the back of the Belted Wrap Jacket and have started part of the front. I'm pretty happy with it so far, I just hope it fits. The front seems a little small but we'll see. I'm glad to have the biggest piece done, it finally feels like I've made some progress. And I completed a little sewing project. I bought some beautiful Laura Ashley home decorator fabric from the special order discount bin at Joann's and whipped up a cover for the bird cage. We cover it at night and if it's being particularly noisy during the day, I'll cover him for a few minutes and take it off once he's been quiet for a while to encourage a more peaceful house, if that's possible around here. By the way, the name Nickel seems to have stuck, my son came up with it from who knows where. And last but not least, to break up the monotony of the never ending sweater I've started some dishcloths out of Sugar 'n Cream 100% cotton yarn I bought at Michaels. Of course, the pattern is from Mason Dixon. I love the pattern, it's brilliant. I love the freedom of using bright colors in any combination. I've already finished these two and can't wait to start the next one....maybe pink and green?

4 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

The belted wrap jacket looks gorgeous so far. I can't wait to see it finished.

I think that has to be the prettiest bird cage cover I've ever seen.

6/27/2006 04:53:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

The jacket back looks really good. I know it's driving you crazy, but I think it will be worth it.

The dishcloths look great. I really like the purple and yellow. It's definately a nice break from the misery of a never ending project.

6/27/2006 08:34:00 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Your jacket looks great. I love the dishcloth pattern too. I didn't think they would be that much fun, but I've made half a dozen so far.

6/27/2006 09:34:00 AM  
Blogger Eleni said...

I haven't actually used mine yet....how are they to wash with?

7/06/2006 06:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home