Friday, January 06, 2006

A few random things...

Here is the amazing hand-knit Christmas gift I received from my best friend, Jes. It's an intarsia baby blanket made with KnitPicks Shine yarn. It is so soft, I love the colors and it's even machine washable! Her room has colored squares painted on the walls so it also matches that. I knew she was knitting something for me but I had no idea what! I was so excited when I saw the blanket, it's absolutely gorgeous! She also got me two hanks of pink Manos Cotton Stria and a basket full of homemade cookies, pancake mix and a little knit sweater ornamenet. And I finally have a swift. Now hubby doesn't have to hold the yarn while I wind it, I'm sure he's very grateful for that! (Remember the knotted mess the last time he "helped"). My grandmother-in-law had it and wasn't using it so I scooped it up. I'd really like a ball winder but on our very limited budget I'd much rather buy yarn! Do you think someone still wants to be the baby?

4 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

What a gorgeous blanket! And the swift will come in very handy. Happy New Year, Heather!

1/06/2006 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger YarnB said...

Your kids are beautiful. And what nice presents. I am really wanting a swift. I totally made a huge mess today out of a skein of yarn that I dyed. I have too many projects going at once and I was in a hurry and now it is one big knotted mess!! By the way, they have the ball winders at JoAnns and with the 40% off coupon it is a good deal. I want one too. Lisa

1/06/2006 11:59:00 PM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Hee, hee! I'm glad Sydney isn't the only big kid who likes to climb into the much-too-small exersaucer! And the blanket is great - that is one gem of a friend! Happy New Year!

1/07/2006 09:47:00 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

Look at how cute she looks! I'm glad you two like it! =-)

1/09/2006 10:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home