Sunday, April 23, 2006

New Knitting

I cast on a new project, the Silk Camisole from Last Minute Knitted Gifts that my friend Jes knit for the Knitting Olympics. I love how hers turned out so I thought I would try it out with the Elsebeth Lavold Cotton Patine I had in my stash (meant for another project that didn't work out). I'm using size 4 needles and have just finished the lace and am moving on to the mindless stockinette, just what I need right now! I sure hope it fits, I would hate to have to do the lace over again. I'm making a few changes per Jes' suggestions. First, the lace repeat for the size I'm making has a 9 stitch stockinette patch on both sides and the pattern repeat is 9 stitches. So I just did the lace pattern all the way around. It was not as easy as I thought it would be which is probably why the pattern isn't written that way, but I do think it looks much better this way. Also, Jes suggested adding some waist shaping. I have no idea how to do this, but I will start by looking up what I did on Picovoli. I'm thinking I'd rather do the shaping closer to the sides of the tank. And Picovoli is worked from the top down rather than bottom up. So I'll have to think about it and see what works. Any suggestions are welcome! I know it'll involve some SSK and K2tog but that's as far as I've gotten.

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

It will look beautiful on you. I "petted" that yarn earlier this week. Perfect for summer.

Amy

4/23/2006 03:43:00 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

It's looking lovely so far.

4/24/2006 04:22:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

You did a really good job on the lace pattern. I wish I would have thought of it before I knit it! Oh well.

I think it's going to look really nice on you. Good choice.

4/24/2006 01:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home