Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Yummy French Toast

Breakfast has always been my favorite meal. I love sweet food - I'll take some pancakes with syrup and a tall glass of orange juice any day. My latest phase has been blueberry pancakes, I make them as often as possible while blueberries are still in season. But I have to say I'm getting bored of eating the same thing every day. It's so hard thinking of new things to feed everyone, especially with one very picky eater. So I made french toast! Easy to make, has eggs so that is protein for the picky one, and feeds everyone. Boy were the good. The picture does not do them justice, I should have taken the picture after the syrup was poured on top. And the bacon, microwaved for 6 minutes to perfection. Perfect, crisp, flat pieces of bacon. I'm trying to distract you with food to hide the fact that there is no knitting progress to report. I must be in some sort of a funk. I haven't picked up my knitting in weeks and find it is harder to pick up the longer I let it go. I've also been working on a new web site for a few days which has been taking up all of my time. Who knew how difficult it is to build a web site from scratch? I'll eventually move my blog over there as well, but I'm still at least a month away from finishing everything. I'm having a really fun time working on it though.

2 Comments:

Blogger knitfriendly said...

That french toast looks really good! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I originally found your blog when I was surfing the knitting blog ring. You are two doors down from me with Rain as our "neighbor." I am sure that knitting will come back to you when it starts getting a little cooler. Your children are adorable! :) Btw - how has Claire's blanket held up? Have you washed it in the washer and dryer? I washed and dryed mine once before giving it to my friend. I wanted to make sure that it wouldn't fall apart (it didn't..thank goodness!)

8/31/2006 01:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should just change the site to "Heather's Blog" so you won't feel guilty neglecting the knitting. Or you could just knit some French Toast. Or a Clone Trooper blaster and princess in a swimming pool. Or you could just admit that you have moved on to quilting...

8/31/2006 07:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home