Tuesday, May 02, 2006

SockapalOOOza Sendoff!

Here they are, waiting to travel across the country to my sock pal. I really hope she likes them! I am so glad I decided to participate in this exchange, it has been so much fun. I received an anonymous e-mail from my pal and she sent my socks from Canada on Friday!!! I feel so lucky to be getting socks from Canada. And about the silk camisole I started, I had to say something about it not fitting, didn't I? Cuz guess what, it doesn't fit! I got a 2nd set of 5's out so I could try it on and it is definitely too big, by about 22 stitches or so which is the difference between sizes so I'll just knit the size smaller and go from there. I have to say I was a little disappointed so that's why I haven't done much knitting this week, I needed some time away from it before ripping it all out. I'm so glad I bought that ball winder! I still haven't done it yet but I will as soon as I post this. I'm also thinking about starting another pair of socks. I have some solid Lorna's Laces (periwinkle) and need to decide on a pattern. I'm thinking of making Conwy from KOTR. Not sure though. I want something with an interesting stitch pattern since I'm using a solid color. Hmm....

6 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

The socks look gorgeous, the stitch pattern is really lovely. I'm sure your pal will love them.

5/03/2006 02:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have such a lucky pal! Those socks are just beautiful.

5/03/2006 07:25:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

The socks are awesome, she will love them. I can't wait to make myself a pair in that pattern!
The label looks great. All that worry for nothing ;)

5/03/2006 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

The socks are so pretty. Your sock pal will love them. I keep seeing socks and hoping they're for me ;-)

5/03/2006 01:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you all assume your sock pal is going to be a girl? I think you are all missing out on a really great opportunity to sponsor the Red Hot Chili Peppers...

5/03/2006 10:41:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I love the wrapping on the socks.

I've heard there are problems with the cami pattern.

Amy

5/04/2006 06:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home