Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I Heart Lorna's Laces

Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn is by far the best sock yarn IMO. Yes, even more so than Koigu and STR, who both have some great colors but are not as nice to knit or as soft. I had some money burning a hole in my PayPal account so I bought some LL's on Ebay. The colors are Vera (which I saw at MDS&W and attempted to fight Jes for but she won) and Somerset. I apparently have a sock yarn addiction. But, I have a finished sock, that counts for something right? This is STR Moss Agate and the pattern is Yarrow Ribbed Socks by Nancy Bush. And as soon as I finished this one I cast on immediately for the 2nd to avoid second sock syndrome. I'm a little tired of this color and I really want to cast on a new pair of socks with my LL's but I'm determined to finish these first! I also pulled out the Belted Wrap Jacket and worked on that some this weekend. I was surprised it took me over an hour just to finish one repeat of 10 rows! But the pattern is so much fun to knit and is a nice break from the tiny sock needles. I frogged the Silk Cami I started with the Cotton Patine and haven't cast on for it again. I still feel the need to finish the projects I've started and I'm not sure that's the right pattern for the yarn either.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the colors!
And I think LL Shepherd Sock is great too.

5/24/2006 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

The sock looks great!
Might the somerset become the jaywalkers you liked??

5/24/2006 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger adrienne said...

I love Lorna's Laces too. I've not used Koigu, but LL is so much nicer to knit with than STR... Your sock looks great so far :)

5/24/2006 03:08:00 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Good to know sock yarn recommendations. That sock looks great!

5/24/2006 04:36:00 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

The LL yarn is beautiful, I'm not surprised you want to knit with it straight away.

Love the socks in progress.

5/25/2006 05:02:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I did my Clapotis in Vera. It is a gorgeous colorway.

Amy

5/25/2006 08:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home