Sunday, May 07, 2006

Friday was the best day ever!

I had an awesome day on Friday! First, my son had his karate class and did really well, he even got a best student award, which when you get 7 of them you receive a trophy. So now he has 3. So when I got home my husband greeted me saying something came in the mail I've been waiting a while for. So of course I think it's my Sockapaloooza socks. He pulls out the new Summer Interweave Knits magazine, which was exciting but not what I was expecting. But that tricky fella had something up his sleeve. My socks came too!!! I was so excited and nervous about opening them. This being my first exchange I didn't really know what to expect, what if I didn't like them? But I was so excited to open the package and see these beautiful socks made just for me. I was literally jumping for joy in the kitchen! They are absolutely gorgeous and perfect for me. I love the color, they are made out of Socks That Rock in the Rose Quartz colorway. I had been wanting to try some STR yarn so I was thrilled that this is the yarn my sock pal chose for me. The pattern is so pretty and the socks fit perfectly! Thanks you so much, Adrienne, I love them!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Great socks, they look so pretty and confy.

5/07/2006 05:40:00 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

The socks are lovely and such a pretty colour.

5/08/2006 02:25:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Cute socks.

I'm so jealous that you are going to the MS&WF!

AMy

5/08/2006 05:22:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

They really are gorgeous. You sure got lucky!

5/08/2006 08:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks you made me are just gorgeous! Thank you so much, Heather. I love the green, the pattern and the yarn.

Superb!

5/08/2006 03:48:00 PM  
Blogger adrienne said...

I'm so glad you like them! I had such sock anxiety after seeing your Embossed Leaves socks :)

5/08/2006 07:12:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Wow!! So beautiful - that STR colorway is really awesome! Adrienne did a great job on them! :)

5/08/2006 09:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home