Friday, May 12, 2006

Another Quilt Begun

I bought some Tracy Porter fabric today since it was on sale at Joann's for 40% off! I got more than 10 yards of fabric for only $40, not bad at all. I'm making Kaffe Fasset's Wallpaper Strips Quilt from Quilt Road. I'm not sure if the fabric is right for this pattern but I just grabbed what I could with 2 unruly children. For those of you with kids, do you ever feel like you're in a daze? I'm trying to pick out fabric and my son isists on making a "cave" in the shopping cart by laying bolts of fabric on top. As they repeatedly keep hitting the ground and the baby is screaming because she is being pinched. So I'm not sure what I got or how it will look but that's pretty much par for the course these days. I've already cut the strips but I'm scared to "randomly" cut the lengths. Plus, I have no idea when I'll have enough time (without kids) to lay the quilt out and at least get the strips sewn together.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

It's all such lovely fabric and will look gorgeous put together. I hope you find time to work on it soon as I can't wait to see it.

5/13/2006 06:30:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Gorgeous fabric!

Amy

5/14/2006 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

I love, love, love all those fabrics. How could it not be anything but beautiful? I know how it is to go fabric shopping with 2 kids. My trick is to bribe them with jelly-bellies all through the store (bad mom!)

5/15/2006 06:29:00 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I've been wanting to make that quilt myself, but how wide should I cut the strips?

7/20/2006 09:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home