Monday, April 03, 2006

Scary Weekend

On Saturday my daughter was having terrible stomach cramps and diarrhea. After a few hours when I changed her diaper I noticed there was a lot of blood in her diaper so immediately we decided to take her to the ER. She just started new medication a few days ago so I thought for sure it was a side effect of that. But, it turns out she had intussusception which is basically when part of the bowel folds into itself kind of like a telescope. We thought she would need surgery to have it corrected but they ended up being able to fix it with an air enema. Not fun, but anything is better than surgery. So we're finally home and she's in her high chair eating a piece of pizza with her two new teeth! I'm so glad we took her to Johns Hopkins and not our local ER. It's amazing how resilient children are. I took some pictures of our "gardens" which I'll show you soon. I haven't had a chance to do much knitting lately, I have a feeling the bunnies won't be done in time! ETA: I forgot to mention while we were in the hospital, right after we got back from the ultrasound that confirmed the intussusception, we had this beautiful blanket waiting for us on her bed: It was made as part of the Linus Project. I can't tell you how much this meant to me to have something hand-made for her when we were scared and didn't have anything from home. I definitely plan on making something to donate to them in the future.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How scary!! I'm so glad to hear that your daughter is fine now. Hugs!

4/03/2006 09:26:00 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

I'm so glad she's ok, you must have been in bits.

Still, she's putting those new teeth to good use!

I've heard a lot about Project Linus and it really goes to show what a difference it makes.

4/04/2006 02:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor baby girl! I'm glad to hear that everything is well.

I know of a few women who make blankets for Project Linus. I think I may have to make some as well.

4/04/2006 07:37:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

I'm so glad you guys are okay. You had me so worried!

That blanket is awesome! Sounds like another good place to send wee baby items!

4/04/2006 11:36:00 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I'm so glad your daughter is okay. There's nothing worse than a sick baby.

I've never made anything for Project Linus, but it looks like a great charity.

4/04/2006 07:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home