Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Lost and Found

Thank you all for the wonderful comments and concern about my daughter. She is doing great, she seems completely back to normal. Remember that Crystal Palace DPN I lost about a month ago? Well, my mother-in-law moved a chair in her house and heard a little "ding". She looked under the chair and there was my needle! I can't believe it, I am so happy, I loved those needles and every time I would get around to the Clover needle I was forced to replace it with, I would cringe. I'm so happy!!! Here is my vegetable garden. Not very pretty yet but it will be soon! I started it last year and it did ok but I made a ton of mistakes, um, like remembering to water it often! My tomatoes never did very well but I did get a lot of squash which I used all the time. So the other day when it was warm I went outside and pulled out all the weeds. It wasn't bad at all since I had put weed barrier down. I know I should probably till the soil and whatnot but I probably won't. A few of the herbs I planted have come back like the peppermint and chives. I'm not sure what I want to plant this year, definitely squash, zucchini, tomatoes, maybe some strawberries, beans, peas, and peppers. I'll see what looks good when I go to the nursery. I'm so excited, hurry up warm weather! It actually snowed here for a few minutes this morning. Here is our amazing new screen room that my father-in-law has been building. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done (mainly painting and making/installing the screens). I know I will live on the screen porch this summer, it is so amazing and a wonderful addition to our house. My father-in-law called today to tell me the back-hoe was calling my name and will be digging the foundation for my kitchen (we're extending it out back 4 feet - just to the right of the screen room). That's how things work around here, one day you wake up and there's a back-hoe in your yard. I love it!!! And here are the first signs of Spring popping up around our yard.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

I can just see you on your porch knitting away. You'll have to get a rocking chair!

So glad the wee one is back to normal.

4/06/2006 02:33:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

OMG you found the needle AND your getting your kitchen??? You must have hit one hell of a lucky streak. Quick! Go play the lottery!

4/08/2006 06:53:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I'm glad to hear your sweet girl is OK. That is a scary experience for any parent.

The screen porch will be you knitting salon. Lucky you!

Amy

4/08/2006 07:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home