Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Knitting Crisis

Ok, I am having a major knitting crisis. Why did I go this far with this project without stopping? I knew from the beginning something wasn't right, but I kept going anyway. This thing is so huge, it would fit me. I've done a lot of Debbie Bliss patterns and have never had a problem but this is crazy. I think I cast on more stitches for this than Picovoli! And what's with the model in the picture? The biggest size in the pattern is 18-24 months and the model must be 2 or 3 years old. Maybe that's why this whole thing is so baffling, I'm expecting it to be a cute little knee length dress like it is in the picture. I'm doing the 12-18 months size which should not be this huge. I know it will fit her someday so I should probably just finish it but I just can't see myself casting on for the front at this point even if I ever finish the back with all the seed stitch I have left. Ugh, I think it's time to start something new. Ok, ok, finish stupid bunny and then start something new. Did you notice I got rid of a few progress bars? They are 'temporarily' out of the queue (stored in the closet soon to be forgotten). Maybe I'll put this in with them and start it again next Spring when it might actually fit her. Grrr....I'm so mad at my knitting right now!!! How can I be so stressed when this is in my front yard?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jes said...

I'm going to start calling you Harolt! Yee of many UFO's.

4/12/2006 02:27:00 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Don't get me started on Bliss patterns and the sizing. She deliberately over sizes and it drives me nuts.

I'm sure she'll look gorgeous in it once it fits.

4/12/2006 05:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home