Monday, April 17, 2006

Hippity Hop

Finally, I actually have knitting content! And not only that, I have a finished object too!!! Here is the cute bunny I've been working on, I think it turned out pretty cute and my son seems to like it and that's all that matters. I have to admit, I didn't enjoy making it very much. There were a lot of pieces and I hate seaming. I thought it would be a quick and easy project but using Cashmerino Aran on size 3 needles doesn't go very fast. Pattern: Debbie Bliss "Rabbit" from Special Knits Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran Needles: 24" Circular Addi Turbo US3 We're still recovering from sugar shock. We had a really nice weekend, even though Hubby had to work on Easter. I remember the day I decided I wanted to try to get pregnant was Easter 2001. Our family ate out at an Italian restaurant for Easter dinner and there were kids running around everywhere. I knew it was time. And look how cute they turned out!!! I have some sewing to show you tomorrow, I need to come up with a new blog name because it seems I'm sewing as much as knitting these days. And my mom bought me an early birthday present, a Pfaff sewing machine & frame for quilting!!! It is huge, it takes up an entire wall in our spare bedroom. I'll tell you more about it soon, I'm hoping if I get good at machine quilting I will be able to make some money finishing quilts for people. If you have any quilt tops you need quilted, let me know! With this machine, quilting is so much easier. I'm really excited to try it out, hopefully I'll have it up and running soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

The rabbit is adorable. I'm sure the cashmerino makes for one soft stuffed animal.

Your kids are just precious.

Amy

4/18/2006 06:41:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

Look at those faces! Claire is starting look like a little girl and not a baby. How cute!

The bunny is very cute, but I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to make another =)

4/18/2006 11:16:00 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Lucky you with the new machine. You're going to have lots of fun quilting. Easter must be a fertile holiday - I went into labor last Easter.

4/18/2006 06:24:00 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

They're very cute kids indeed.

Love the bunny, but agree that toy knitting isn't as fun as you think it will be.

4/19/2006 04:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home