Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Relax...

I've been very stressed about my knitting lately which is totally stupid. I really don't have any particular reason to be stressed other than starting too many projects at once. So I've been concentrating on the Embossed Leaves socks. I'm just past the heel on the 2nd sock, so I figure I have 2 nights of work left and they'll be done!!! And after a few days off from the Belted Wrap Jacket, I've finally swatched with size 5s and it's currently on the kitchen counter drying. So far it seems like it's right on gauge so I'll probably cast on again tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to casting on again so I'm feeling much better about the whole thing. I'm so glad I realized now rather than later that my gauge was off so I can make a sweater that fits!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

Bummer about your Belted Wrap Jacket. I wish I would have let you know sooner about using the 5'ers!

3/08/2006 07:51:00 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I get stressed about my knitting too. I guess we're both crazy. Just remember - it's only yarn and you can unravel it if it doesn't work.

3/08/2006 11:50:00 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Another stressee here. I hide some of it for a bit so it doesn't taunt me while I work on something else.

It's good you've realised about the belted wrap before you got too far in.

3/09/2006 05:10:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

Well I'm glad you got gauge on your second try. Making a ton of swatches to get gauge only makes it more frustrating imo, especially since you got so far the first time.

Also, I hear you about being stressed about the knitting. I'm stressed because I feell like I don't have anything going. What opposites! As usual =P

3/09/2006 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Too many projects on the needles stresses me out too.

Amy

3/09/2006 11:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home