Friday, March 03, 2006

I am officially a perfectionist!

I know I am a perfectionist when I ripped all of my progress (2 repeats) of the Belted Wrap Jacket after I noticed 2 tiny mistakes. Mistakes that no one besides myself would ever notice. I just couldn't do it. I knew they were there and it would bother me forever. I'm not proficient enough at yarn overs yet to drop a the stitches down and fix it, so I decided to frog it. I managed to get it back on the needles a few rows into the pattern so I didn't have to cast on again which definitely saved some time and made the decision worthwhile. I promised myself to pay more attention so as not to make more mistakes and so far so good. I've completed 4 repeats and I love it! I've memorized the pattern so it's going more quickly now. The color is very pretty but looks so different in the daylight. But it's green, my very favorite color, so how could I go wrong? And I'm using KnitPicks Merino Style which works perfectly using a felted join, so no ends to weave in! Hopefully the sweater will turn out nice enough for me to actually wear. My head still feels like it's going to explode, kinda like being on an airplane. It's no fun being sick! Especially since I've been feeling dizzy which is getting in the way of my knitting!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

Mwahaha! Welcome to my world.

Perfection is a good thing. I get traumatised by mistakes too. The way I see it, is that if you finish something and don't like it for any reason then you won't wear it.

It's looking good so far.

3/04/2006 03:47:00 AM  
Blogger Lesley said...

Great progress! It took me a little while to get the pattern down too, but it's easy to memorize! I cannot WAIT to see how this sweater turns out. I'm worried it's going to be too big. I have one front done and am working on the second.

I just realized that I never emailed you back to tell you what size needles I used. I actually had to go down to US 5s to get gauge. What size are you using?

3/04/2006 08:26:00 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

It's better to fix them early on than to hate the FO for all its mistakes. I finally came to the conclusion (after many disappointments) that if you aren't willing to rip, you've got no business knitting.

3/04/2006 02:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home