Thursday, February 02, 2006

Not much to report....

I haven't done a whole lot of knitting in the past few days. I've done a few more rows on my 2nd Koigu sock but that's about it. I've been busy looking at private schools for my 3 year old which is really stressful for me. We briefly tried a school last summer but it seemed more like a day care and he screamed every time I left him for an entire month so that did not go well at all. We didn't have much of a choice of where to send him because he wasn't potty trained so I had to find somewhere that would change diapers. The whole thing was a disaster. But I loved the school I visited today so I feel a lot better about everything. Also, we started him in Karate classes this week which went about the same as the school experience. The first class he wouldn't even put his outfit on, he sat on my lap the whole time and watched. So today I decided to try again and we got the outfit on him but he was upset about it and didn't want to go. When I got there the teacher said I just had to leave and he would be fine. It is the worst feeling in the world to leave your child while he's screaming "mommy....don't leave me....please!!!!!!!!!" My MIL was with me so we waited in the car and I was able to peek in the window a few times and guess what, he was having fun!!! I was so relieved. There was another mother in there that I talked to on our first visit so I knew she would look out for him. She said he did great. At one point the teacher told him to close his eyes while he adjusted his uniform for him and then the teacher went away without telling him to open his eyes. So he kept them closed and kept peeking. Finally someone told the teacher to tell him he could open his eyes! When we left he said it was fun and not scary, so I hope it'll be easier next time we go. Hopefully I'll have some knitting news to report soon. I've been looking at yarn and patterns for my Sockapaloooza pal but haven't decided on anything yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger beki said...

Both of my kids are like that when I leave them somewhere. This year was Lily's (4) first year of preschool. It took a good 2 months before she stopped crying when we dropped her off. Now she loves it. That child just HATES change of any sort.

2/03/2006 09:06:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

I'm so glad to see that you got him in his outfit and that he let you take a picture. He's just got to dive in, but sometimes that means you have to throw him in. I'm guessing Claire is going to be the same way, but worse. But at least you have experience to guide you =)

I hear you on the not knitting. All my stuff is from days ago. At least you like a school, so you got that weight off. Hopefully you can get in and James will like it too.

2/03/2006 10:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home