Thursday, February 16, 2006

Koigu Socks are finished

Pattern: Basically own with some help from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush for the heel and the Sock Calc spreadsheet for the toes. Yarn: Koigu KPPPM P620 34 Needles: US1 Crystal Palace Bamboo DPNs Comments: I cast on 68 stitches and did 1x1 ribbing for about 20 rows, then stockinette stitch for the rest of the sock. After the heel I worked 64 stitches for the foot portion. I loved the Koigu yarn so much, I think that's why I've been in such a slump since I finished them. These socks were so fun to knit and I especially like the portability of knitting socks. I'm looking foward to starting my Sockapaloooza socks if the yarn ever gets here!

6 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

Beautiful! Great job, Heather!

2/17/2006 12:08:00 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

They look great and very neat.

2/17/2006 04:45:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

It's so funny, I don't like that colorway at all when I look at just the socks, but they look sooo great on! Koigu rocks!
My poor sock sits all sad in it's little bag waiting for attention. Perhaps in needs a trip to your house for a heel turn and some inspiration! =)

2/17/2006 08:59:00 AM  
Blogger YarnB said...

Heather..LOL I got your note about your Bernese Mountain dog matching the yarn I dyed! I love those dogs. They are so adorable and cuddly! I would say make him a coat but he doesn't need one and thats a lot of knitting! Lisa
PS Love the koigu socks! And that sweater..yum. I am making a similar style, think I told you with the cinnamon Andean Silk.

2/17/2006 10:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments on my blanket! Entrelac never interested me, either, until I started seeing Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style popping up all over blogland. I totally hear what you're saying about symmetry; I chose to work in stripes so it would keep the piece interesting but still nice and orderly :)

2/19/2006 06:21:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Very nice! I've heard good things about KPPPM, but have never had the opportunity to knit with it.

Amy

2/21/2006 09:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home