Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I'm in love...

I'm in love with the Belted Wrap Jacket from Interweave Knits Winter 2005! Here's a picture of the swatch I knit up today with some Knit Picks merino style I had left over from the snowmen that never quite got made. I'm leaning towards the moss (olive green) color at the moment. And the yarn is surprisingly soft for only $2.29 a ball! But I'm disappointed with their color choices, I never seem to like any of them. This sweater is going to be so much fun to knit. It's interesting enough to make it fun but not too difficult. I loved watching the pattern evolve when I knit the swatch, I didn't want to put it down. I just need to win hubby over on it, he doesn't seem to like the pattern but he's not a knitter so he doesn't understand the appeal of a great pattern. I've been in a slump lately so I'm so glad to find something I'm excited about. Isn't it pretty??? And in a moment of insanity I picked up this stretchy polyester fabric to make a cute little tank top. The last time I made a "garment" was probably when I was about 12 and the were those MC Hammer pants. It was a disaster, I don't think I even liked them when I made them. I opened the pattern to look at it and I have no idea what I'm doing. So this should be interesting. But I saw the fabric and fell in love with it so I figure it's worth a try. The pattern and fabric was only $10 (the fabric was only $3 of that) so it's worth a try. I've wanted something to sew ever since I've finished the curtains. So we'll see what happens. And here's a picture of a little kitty cat visitor we had enjoying the sunshine in our window today.

4 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

Your swatch is indeed very pretty! Good luck with the sewing project.

2/15/2006 10:57:00 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

It's really pretty. I look forward to seeing it in the jacket.

2/16/2006 05:14:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

I had this whole comment written out, but blogger ate it, so I'll call you!

2/16/2006 12:41:00 PM  
Blogger Lesley said...

Yay! I'm having such fun knitting up my Belted Wrap Jacket as well! You're swatch looks great. So nice and flat! That's the one thing I've noticed about the pieces I've done thus far. It's kind of bumpy...ah, well, that's what blocking is for! Can't wait to see your progress!

2/18/2006 08:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home