Thursday, February 23, 2006

How many is too many?

I've cast on for two more projects this week, socks for Sockapaloooza (Embossed Leaves in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Cedar): ...and the Belted Wrap Jacket (Knit Picks Merino Style Moss): I used to think I was more of a one project at a time kinda gal but that idea has gone out the window. I don't know what happened to me but all of a sudden I have 5 projects going at once! I need to prioritize, I guess I should consider the projects with a deadline first: 1. Pink and Blue Easter Bunnies (what day is Easter this year, how do they figure that out???) 2. Sockapaloooza socks (May 2nd) Then I should consider the season in which the project will worn: 3. Belted Wrap Jacket (wool/winter) 4. Picot Dress (cotton/summer) Then there's the afghan which I am giving myself a few years to complete so that shouldn't even be on the list, should it? I guess the only downside to having so many projects going at the same time is it takes longer to finish anything. But I'm more of a process knitter so that shouldn't bother me. The picot dress was supposed to be a quick project but considering I cast on 117 stitches for the back, it's going to be the same size as Picovoli! It's huge, which is another reason I haven't been too excited about finishing it. I'm a follower and rarely stray far from a pattern but I wish I did on this one. If it doesn't fit this year, it'll fit the next! Time to update the progress bars....

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I limit myself to two things on the needles. Any more than that makes me feel nervous.

Amy

2/23/2006 07:09:00 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

The socks are beautiful. I love the pattern.

At one time I would never dream of having more than one thing on the go at once, but now I can have aorund 3-4 things in progress. I think it helps with the boredom factor, knitting 3 miles of stocking stitch can get to you, so alternating with something a bit more interesting helps. Just don't get caught in the trap of starting lots of things but never finishing any of them.

Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox.

2/24/2006 03:54:00 AM  
Blogger beki said...

I like having multiple projects going on at once, it keeps things interesting!

2/24/2006 09:05:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

I love the 0.1% for the progress bar. That makes me laugh!
I think having more that one thing is really important. I can't tell you how sick I am of this tank top and how much less my hands would hurt if I felt like I had time to work on my sock a bit, but it's almost over with. I think it's better to not be monogamous in knitting ;) six projects might be pushing it unless you've got some sever ADD

2/24/2006 09:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home