Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone had a wonderful, love filled day! I finally finished the curtains in the living room. They are hung but need some steaming and shaping before I can take pictures of the room. I'm so happy with the way everything is turning out. The screen room is also almost done, we just need to paint once it gets warmer and then we can put up the screens. I'm on a home renovation kick and am planning on painting the stairwell and upstairs hallway this week. Once that's done we can tear up the rug off of the stairs and hallway and reveal the beautiful hardwood underneath. On the knitting front, I've started my mom's afghan. I really am crazy for attempting this. I've only completed 7 rows and that took a few hours, so I'm in for the long haul on this one. I don't really like the yarn either which is going to make it even harder to get through. Plus, the whole thing is basically 1x1 ribbing. It is going to take me years to finish! I also started a cute little Debbie Bliss dress for my daughter to wear this summer out of Knit Picks Shine yarn. I cast on 117 stitches just for the back of the dress which would basically fit me! It's going to be cute though and is a nice easy knit to do while watching TV. Also, I saw this sweater on another knitting blog, Kniticisms. I already have the magazine (Interweave Knits Winter '05) and the sweater didn't stand out when I flipped through it but seeing on Lesley's blog made caught my eye. I'm considering using Knit Picks Merino Style in either moss or cinnamon. I think I would wear something like that all the time. Hubby doesn't really like it but I think a lot of it has to do with the color of the sweater and the model in the picture. I still haven't received the yarn for my Sockapaloooza socks. I'm still tossed up about which pattern I'm going to use, I'll have to think about it some more once I get the yarn. I'm considering the "Embossed Leaves Socks" also from the Winter '05 issue of IK.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

It's very brave of you to go for the afghan, hope it doesn't take too long.

The dress is very sweet and I look forward to seeing your version.

2/15/2006 03:59:00 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I really like that Debbie Bliss dress. I've been thinking of making it for this summer too.

2/15/2006 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

My god, that afghan....I have no words. We will have a party when the freaking thing is finished.

The dress is cute, I think Claire will look adorable.

I have those color shots for you. I'll send them out now.

2/15/2006 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger YarnB said...

Heather, I actually really love that red sweater and in moss or cinnamon, wow. I am using the cinnamon Andean Silk and I just love it. If you do the sweater, come join my sweater KAL. It is very low key! That sweater is kind of similar to the one I am making except for the collar, but the bell sleeves are nice. I love knitpicks I admit! I am going to use an Elann yarn for my next sweater..Have you checked those out??

2/15/2006 12:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least with the Afghan you'll have something to do in the retirement home as long as you keep with it... Your husband was right about the model, ughh. He seems to be the smartest, funniest, most creative, caring, and inventive person in the world, you should probably listen to him, I know I would... Where are all the pictures of James and Claire??? This knitting stuff is fine and all but I want to see some more Martial Arts pictures. They don't have a show called Ultimate Knitter for a reason...

2/15/2006 03:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home