Tuesday, February 28, 2006

DPN....where are you?

Well, I haven't been able to finish the first Sockapaloooza sock because I've lost one of the DPNs. I took the socks to a doctor's appointment yesterday and could not find the DPN that was stuck in the sock. It must have slipped out when I took out my wallet because it's definitely not in my purse anymore. So I went to the yarn store today and bought another set, which is always good to have anyway, especially since they're bamboo and one could break. Of course, the one I lost is Crystal Palace that I bought online and the only needles my LYS had were Clover (crap). Hopefully it'll show up, probably as soon as I finish the socks. I have to say, I saw a lot of nice yarns at my LYS. I'm usually disappointed because they don't have what I'm looking for. I didn't have much time because I had both kids with me but I saw a lot of yarn I was interested in. I'm lucky to have a real yarn store less than 5 minutes away from my house so hopefully I'll buy yarn there for a project in the future. But I definitely don't need any more yarn right now, I've got enough going on. And since I don't have any knitting photos for you, I'll leave you with a picture of James at his first concert, on stage with grandpa. He really enjoyed it, maybe he'll be a timpanist one day too!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

What a pain, but at least you got more. Hope you find it.

James certainly looks like he's having fun.

3/01/2006 05:06:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

OMgosh, that picture of them is adorable!

I'm glad to hear that you found some yarn at that store. I know you're not usually happy with them.

You should read the last chapter of the Yarn Harlot book. I think that will make you feel better about that missing needle. =)

3/01/2006 01:28:00 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

O! and you shouldn't be buying anymore yarn anyhow. You need to be saving up for the sheep and wool festival.

3/01/2006 01:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home