Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Blogging Blah

I haven't accomplished much knitting lately. I've been in a bit of a rut. Hubby is away on business this week (he only has to travel 1 week a year, but it sucks!). You would think I would have had lots of time to knit while he is away but the kids have been keeping me busy. I'm nearing the end of finishing my 2nd Koigu sock. And I ordered some green Lorna's Laces for my Sockapaloooza socks. My mom has requested a cabled afghan and I found this online and it seems exactly what she would like. Am I crazy? This will probably take a few years to knit! I bought the kit even though it's Lion Brand yarn. I don't want to spend a fortune on this project. Also, I have 2 skeins of pink Manos del Uruguay Cotton Stria (100% cotton, 50g/116y) and have no idea what to make out of it. I was thinking of making a little tank top for my daughter but I can't find any patterns for one and the yarn is not machine washable so it's probably not the best for a kids knit! But it's super soft and cuddly. Any ideas?

3 Comments:

Blogger YarnB said...

Heather, the cotton stria sounds really sweet! When I am looking for a pattern like that, I go to the Knitter Review boards and they have a whole section of "seeking patterns" with lots of free links. I always find something there. A tank for your daughter sounds so cute and I bet you can find an easy pattern there! I look forward also to seeing your socks. I love Lorna Laces yarns and Koigu! Lisa

2/08/2006 11:57:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I've admired that afghan for awhile. It's gorgeous.

Amy

2/09/2006 08:00:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

That afghan would put me in the nuthouse. It's pretty, but I don't have that kind of committment.

I hear you on the not getting anything done. The only thing I've accomplished lately is boat load of stress. Ack!

2/09/2006 01:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home