Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Trapper Hat

Pattern: Trapper Hat from Vogue Knitting (Winter 05/06) Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Bulky (polar bear 04) Needles: Size US13 Clover Bamboo Circs. (yuck - but I already had them) and US13 Crystal Palace DPNs Comments: I love it! It's a big bulky hat and will definitely keep me warm. I actually wore it today even though it was only in the 40s. The pattern was written strangely IMO but I made it through. It started out with crochet instructions which was like reading a foreign language. A quick Google search had me on my way, albeit grumbling a bit that I had to crochet. The Clover needles were miserable to work with, I actually got a splinter from them! But I've spent enough money on my knitting habit lately and I doubt I will need US13 needles often so I used what I had. Boy, my arms are sore from using bulky yarn on huge crappy needles. It took a lot more physical strength than my usual knitting. It probably took about 3-4 hours to complete, not bad!

4 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

Wow, that was quick!! The hat looks super adorable on you.

1/31/2006 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Only in the 40's?!?! I would love it if it were that cold here right now. I wore short sleeves yesterday.

You look adorable in it.

Amy

2/01/2006 06:31:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

That looks great! Talk about speedy knitting. Nice work.

2/01/2006 01:20:00 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your hat is adorable! You look so cute in it, too. I had to laugh at your comment about it being "only" in the 40's, seeing as it never drops below 65 around here! ;-) That Blue Sky Alpacas looks so soft and cozy. Take care, Heather! :-)

2/01/2006 01:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home