Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sockapalooza!

Well, I've decided to go out on a limb and join sockapaloooza! I'm really excited. I wasn't going to join but it seems like everyone is doing it so why shouldn't I. And yes, if everyone jumped off a cliff so would I. It looks like fun, I can't wait to find out what kind of socks my sock pal wants. It should be fun to knit socks that are fun to knit but I might not make for myself. Yay! I've been stalking the mailman and it's just not healthy. I have 2 knitting-related packages on their way and I just can't stand the wait any longer. I've also started knitting bunny rabbits from Debbie Bliss' Special Knits. I'm doing one pink one for my daughter and a blue one for my son for Easter. They're fun but I get irritated making lots of small pieces that need to be sewn together so I'll work on them a little bit at a time. And my hate of sewing brings me to my next topic. I was working on my curtains again and as always I was cutting corners, trying to speed things along, so I didn't pin the lining to the fabric as I was sewing the side seams. Well, the first side went fine and when I got to the bottom of the 2nd side, the lining ended up 1/2 inch below the front. Not good. So now I have to rip it all out with a dull seam ripper and I'm farther behind on them than when I woke up this morning, don't you love those kinds of days?

3 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

I'm considering Sockapalooza...So sorry to hear about the curtains! I hate those kind of days too.

1/24/2006 10:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

I can't believe you joined and didn't call me =P

I hear you on the sewing little peices together. I don't really want to either and yet I'm thinking about making an elephant for my mom. Perhaps I'll start after you finish a bunny so you can give me advice =O

1/25/2006 09:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure you make the elephant life- size so your mom knows you really care. Just don't sew it together inside or you'll never get it out. I recommend Target's grey yarn for $1.00 since you'll need about 759,440 balls of the stuff. My estimate could be off by as much as .4% so do your calculations first! And no I am not going to help wind it.

1/25/2006 10:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home