Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Sharfik!

I realized I never formally posted a FO report for Sharfik, so here it is! Pattern: Sharfik by Grumperina Yarn: Rowan RYC Cashsoft Aran (I think it was color #3 Mole - olive green/med. brown color) Needles: Size US7 Addi Turbo 24" circulars Comments: I loved making this pattern. It was interesting enough to be fun to knit but easy enough to memorize after just one repeat. I used Grumperina's tutorial on how to knit without a cable needle which was also really helpful. I always end up loosing the cable needle in the couch so this was a great technique to learn and made the scarf easy to take with me. The Cashsoft Aran was great to work with, very soft and cuddly and showed the cables beautifully. I made it longer than the 53" that the pattern calls for. I completely used up 5 balls including the fringe. I just kept knitting until I thought it was long enough. I'm not sure how long it ended up being, I forgot to measure it before giving it as a gift to my father for Christmas. He seemed to really like it and I saw him wearing it the other day! I am extremely pleased with how the scarf turned out.

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

It turned out beautifully. Congrats!

Amy

1/18/2006 05:49:00 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

It looks really nice. I hope to see it in person one day.
I want to knit one, but I just don't have the endurance for another scarf =)

1/19/2006 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Hi, Heather! Your Sharfik is just gorgeous!! I love the color and it looks so luxurious in that Cashsoft. Grumperina's tutorial really helped me get over my fear of cabling without a cable needle. It's so liberating not to have to pull that extra needle out. The scarf is so beautiful and your dad must be so thrilled with it- what a lucky guy! Thanks so much for stopping by and commiserating with my nursing pad fiasco. ;-) I'm so glad I found your blog- I'll definitely be visiting again soon! Take care! :-)

1/19/2006 10:14:00 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

It's beautiful. After seeing it I think I will add it to my list of projects!

3/30/2006 10:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home