Sunday, January 29, 2006

One Koigu sock finished!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was great! We got a lot accomplished, mostly cleaning, I finished another curtain and we knocked out a window and replaced it with a door to our new screen room... I finished a Koigu sock. It fits perfectly and there's only a tiny ball left. I really thought I was going to run out of yarn. I think turning the heel was my favorite part. I can see why socks are so addicting. I went from the smallest size needles I own to the biggest (US1 to US13). I started the Trapper Hat from the Winter 05/06 Vogue Knitting magazine. I LOVE the Blue Sky Alpaca yarn, it is so soft. But knitting bulky yarn on such large needles is killing my hands. I learned how to do a felted join which is the most exciting thing I've ever learned! The less ends to weave in the better. I can't even find where on the hat the join is! And I'm really loving the hat, I hope it stays cold enough to wear it...ok, not really, I'm ready for warm weather! The hat can wait to be worn until next year. Since I started the post with baby cuteness...I thought I'd end it with puppy cuteness...

6 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

Claire is so cute!!
The Koigu socks looks great! I love turning the heel on socks too.
I have a hard time knitting on anything larger than US11 needles. They kill my hands too!

1/30/2006 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Wow! You cut it close. The socks look great.

Amy

1/30/2006 08:01:00 AM  
Blogger beki said...

Wow, cuteness all around!

1/30/2006 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

Omg look at that little puppy face!!! =)
You weren't kidding about cutting it close. I'm glad you made it through. My Koigu are definately going to be toe up. I would so run out.
The hat looks nice. You're a braver woman than I. I coulnd't knit with bed posts. =P

1/30/2006 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger YarnB said...

Adorable little girl, what a puppy and a cute sock too!! I LOVE Koigu and want to make something with it but I haven't bought any so far. Lisa

1/30/2006 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I love the colors in your Koigu sock - the knitting is beautiful.

And - that puppy is too cute!

2/02/2006 01:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home