Thursday, January 05, 2006

An old FO...

I really need to organize my FO's into a gallery of some sort like I've seen on so many other blogs. I'm all about the knitting, not the finishing so I tend to move on to the next project as soon as I'm done. I just realized I never formally showed off the Debbie Bliss Ribbed Sweater, so here it is: Pattern: Ribbed Sweater by Debbie Bliss from Special Knits Yarn: Rowan (RYC) Cashsoft Aran #02 Foxglove (lilac) Needles: US8 Addi Turbo 24" circulars Comments: I loved knitting this sweater, as I've said before Cashsoft is one of my favorite yarns. It was a quick knit since it is an aran weight on size 8 needles and only needs to be seamed up the sides, which I love. The only thing I should have changed was to add a button hole for the front closure. You're supposed to use a brooch which is probably not the best idea for a baby. My daughter wears it all the time and I just wrap her up in it, which makes it easy as to take on and off when we go in and out of places. Also, the bottom edge rolls a bit since it's just stockinette stitch but I think it would look strange with another sort of edge so I don't mind it. I'm sure some blocking might help but I'm lazy in that area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home