Thursday, January 26, 2006

Lesson Learned

Yesterday, I was enjoying a quiet moment of knitting mid-day when the kiddies were behaving themselves. I thought my son was falling asleep next the couch since he was being quiet but instead, he was "painting" with Balmex. Needless to say, I now know better than to assume the best. So here is my sock as of yesterday: And today: Do you think I'm going to make it? I'm not so sure, I don't know what I'm going to do if I run out of yarn. I don't know if I have the strength to frog them back. The good news is they fit wonderfully! I am so much happier than I am with my first pair of socks. They were too short so I made these longer but now I may not have enough yarn. Eek! And you won't believe it, but I got the replacement yarn from Knit Happens today! I got an e-mail back from them an hour after I let them know about the mistake and my UPS man showed up with the yarn this morning. I couldn't believe it, awesome! It is gorgeous and so soft, I can't wait to start the hat. I don't usually wear hats but it is just so me.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have totally learned that too quiet can be a problem. It's like they KNOW you'll not notice the mess if they're quite for a while. At least it was a creative project, right? :)

1/27/2006 07:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quiet, not quite. It's early...

1/27/2006 07:28:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Don't you love when kids do that? My younger daughter covered herself in vasoline - head to toe. Once she was done with herself she started 'painting' on the floor with the stuff.

My MIL who was watching her at the time must have been busy cooking, or couldn't remember if all is quiet, then something BAD is going on.

HOpe it didn't take too much time to clean up.

1/27/2006 09:12:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

You should always worry when they're quiet. =)

The socks look good, I hope you make it. I'm a terrible judge of what constitues enough yarn or how much more I have left, so I'm no help.

That yarn looks really nice. We will have to crawl to that store sometime and have us a visit =)

1/27/2006 12:39:00 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

I just want to say that I'm a big fan of Knit Happens. I haven't bought anything online yet, but the people in the store were really nice.

2/01/2006 02:52:00 PM  
Anonymous hassam said...

nice blog..,.,.,.

10/12/2011 01:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home