Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I'm crushed...

My favorite person in the entire World came today (the UPS man). You know that exited feeling you get when you open a package? The anticipation of getting to touch the yarn you've only seen online. Well, it all came to a screeching halt today when I opened the package to find this: The yarn is so soft and I absolutely love it and can't wait to cast on for this hat. The only problem, it's not the right color! Clearly, this yarn is not white. So much for wearing the hat this winter :( At least I love the yarn and I really can't wait to make this hat. This is the first time I've ordered from this store so we'll see how their customer service is. I have a feeling I'm not going to have a problem, but I'm just disappointed to have to wait longer to start this project.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you speak Hindi or Chinese. Though you might get lucky and the Indians could have outsorced the call center back to the US.

1/25/2006 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

How disappointing! I hope the store takes care of it soon. I was looking at that hat last night too...not that I need more hats!

1/25/2006 12:34:00 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

That stinks! Where did you order from?

1/25/2006 01:30:00 PM  
Blogger chris said...

That's so disappointing! I hate when that happens! I get nervous about ordering yarn online because I'm never sure whether the color I see on the monitor is the actual color or not. Hope all goes well with customer service. Take care, Heather! :-)

1/25/2006 01:48:00 PM  
Blogger YarnB said...

BUMMER! You could try to overdye it with a little bleach you know? But be careful if you do. I think it could be done maybe but I don't want to be held responsible if it falls apart! But I would mix a gallon of water with a little bleach and then soak it in a tied skein in this. THIS is if you don't want to go through sending it back and waiting for the next. That is why it is always a risk buying online but I do it ALL THE TIME.
WHERE IS MY UPS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/26/2006 01:35:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

You look fantastic in your Sexy Knitters sweater!!

Amy

1/26/2006 02:49:00 PM  
Anonymous hassam said...

nice thnaks for sharing

10/12/2011 01:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home