Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!

Ok, I seriously am the biggest dork in the world but I just discovered podcasts today and am so excited I can hardly contain myself. iPods are the best invention ever! I've been downloading knitting podcasts from KnitCast and Cast On all day and will be listening to them on my iPod tomorrow while trying to drown out Barney & Clifford playing in the background. I had a really nice weekend. It's been a while since hubby has had 3 days off in a row! We went to Susquehanna State Park (even though it was raining) on Saturday and the kids had a great time. Of course, Picovoli came along with us (I'm now finished with the bust section). And finally I can post the FO that was MIL's Christmas gift! Pattern: Button Clutch from Fall 2005 issue of Knit It! magazine Yarn: Lion Brand Incredible - 2 balls - "Autumn Leaves" Needles: US7 DPNs and US7 24" Addi Turbo circular Comments: This pattern was really fun. I had some trouble getting started because you cast on at the bottom of the purse and divide the stitches for the front and back and knit in the round. It was really tight and I only had 4 DPNs (and you definitely need 5) so I ended up using my circular as the 5th. I also had trouble with the short row shaping because it is worded strangely and I had no idea what short row shaping was. The purse ended up being a lot smaller than I had imagined (which is my fault because the dimensions are stated in the pattern). I learned a few new techniques like short row shaping and I-cords.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jes said...

Look at those pigtails! Isn't she the cutest!
The purse looks great. I may remember hearing some un-ladylike words during said short rows, but it doesn't show in the purse ;) good work!

1/03/2006 09:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your daughter is adorable!

I love podcasts, too! I keep wishing I had a few extra hours of free time, limitless creativity and a better computer so I could try to make some myself.

1/03/2006 09:43:00 AM  
Blogger YarnB said...

You are finished with the bust already?? Amazing!! You should post it on the sexy knitters site too! I love the little purse too! Adorable!

1/03/2006 01:39:00 PM  
Anonymous hassam said...

nice keep it up

10/12/2011 01:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home