Sunday, January 22, 2006

First FO of 2006!

Pattern: Picovoli by Grumperina Yarn: KnitPicks Shine in Blush Needles: US5 Addi Turbo 24" circulars Comments: First and foremost, I love the pattern. It was easy to follow and made a beautiful tank. This is the first garment I've knit for myself. Even though I knit swatches, the top ended up being a little too large (as you can see in the pictures). It grew a little after I washed it (machine washed and dried on low) and I used size 5 needles because I was initially worried it would be too small. When I put it flat on the table, it looked square (almost wider than it is tall). Even though I've had 2 kids, I'm definitely not wider than I am tall! I'm thinking of doing this pattern again with the Elsbeth Lavold Cotton Patine yarn I got for Christmas. The changes I would make if I knit it again would be to use size 4 needles and I would do some type of ribbing around the collar, sleeves and bottom because the rolling drives me nuts.

9 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Your Picovoli is gorgeous! It looks absolutely beautiful on you- the color is wonderful. This is definitely on my to-knit list for this year, so I'm reading everyone's tips and advice on it with interest. Awesome job! :-)

1/23/2006 12:33:00 AM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Great job, Heather!! It looks lovely on you!! YAY!!

1/23/2006 01:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so pretty! I have half of a Tivoli in the exact same yarn and color, you're making me think I should finish it...

1/23/2006 08:10:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Awesome job. I'm about to start mine!

1/23/2006 08:56:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

I still don't think it looks too big, but that's just me =)
I think it looks great. Very nice for a first garment.

1/23/2006 09:25:00 AM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Awesome! I have that same yarn (same color) and I'm thinking about making the same thing. But I swear, I'm not copying you! Too bad we don't live closer - we could wear our Picovolis together and freak everybody out.

1/24/2006 11:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turned out great! Love the color too!

1/25/2006 12:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the pink! Would you like this to appear in the gallery?

2/01/2006 03:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heather -- I hopped on over to your blog from the SKC site! I commented over there about how wonderful your top turned out but I wanted to check out your blog too and tell you that you did an amazing job on your top! And you most DEFINITELY are not wider than you are tall -- too funny!!!

2/01/2006 09:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home