Sunday, January 22, 2006

First FO of 2006!

Pattern: Picovoli by Grumperina Yarn: KnitPicks Shine in Blush Needles: US5 Addi Turbo 24" circulars Comments: First and foremost, I love the pattern. It was easy to follow and made a beautiful tank. This is the first garment I've knit for myself. Even though I knit swatches, the top ended up being a little too large (as you can see in the pictures). It grew a little after I washed it (machine washed and dried on low) and I used size 5 needles because I was initially worried it would be too small. When I put it flat on the table, it looked square (almost wider than it is tall). Even though I've had 2 kids, I'm definitely not wider than I am tall! I'm thinking of doing this pattern again with the Elsbeth Lavold Cotton Patine yarn I got for Christmas. The changes I would make if I knit it again would be to use size 4 needles and I would do some type of ribbing around the collar, sleeves and bottom because the rolling drives me nuts.


Blogger candsmom said...

Your Picovoli is gorgeous! It looks absolutely beautiful on you- the color is wonderful. This is definitely on my to-knit list for this year, so I'm reading everyone's tips and advice on it with interest. Awesome job! :-)

1/23/2006 12:33:00 AM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Great job, Heather!! It looks lovely on you!! YAY!!

1/23/2006 01:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Brynne said...

It is so pretty! I have half of a Tivoli in the exact same yarn and color, you're making me think I should finish it...

1/23/2006 08:10:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Awesome job. I'm about to start mine!

1/23/2006 08:56:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

I still don't think it looks too big, but that's just me =)
I think it looks great. Very nice for a first garment.

1/23/2006 09:25:00 AM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Awesome! I have that same yarn (same color) and I'm thinking about making the same thing. But I swear, I'm not copying you! Too bad we don't live closer - we could wear our Picovolis together and freak everybody out.

1/24/2006 11:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Lilly said...

Turned out great! Love the color too!

1/25/2006 12:11:00 AM  
Anonymous grumperina said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the pink! Would you like this to appear in the gallery?

2/01/2006 03:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Jeanie said...

Hey Heather -- I hopped on over to your blog from the SKC site! I commented over there about how wonderful your top turned out but I wanted to check out your blog too and tell you that you did an amazing job on your top! And you most DEFINITELY are not wider than you are tall -- too funny!!!

2/01/2006 09:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home