Friday, December 30, 2005

Merry Christmas everyone!

I've been a bad blogger lately so this is going to be a long post with lots of pictures. I've been too lazy to upload the pictures to my computer lately. And what's a blog post without pictures? Exactly. So first things first, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. We had a great Christmas despite the fact that hubby had to work both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. He took off Monday and Tuesday and we squeezed in celebration whenever possible. The kids had fun, look at all the toys Santa brought! They seemed happy with their presents :) I, along with the rest of world it seems, got an iPod Nano for Christmas. It's awesome, I've been uploading music for the past week, it's so much fun! And for my knitting goodies, I got an awesome knitting bag & needle holder.... Which also doubles as a baby carrier (pictured with Grammy & Pop-Pop)... A few gifts I purchased for myself... 18 balls of Elsebeth Lavold Cotton Patine in the color Alabaster. This yarn is so soft, I can't wait to knit my sweater! I knit up a swatch and the stockinette swatch was right on but the pattern swatch was a little large so I may try it again with smaller needles or knit a larger swatch to be sure. And I've made some progress on Picovoli, I hope it fits! My guage might possibly be a little off but it looks like it'll fit so we'll see. I actually changed from size 4 to size 5 needles after a few rows because I was getting too many stitches per inch. I have to say I love Shine!!! Still not sure about the color, they need more choices! But for $15 how can I complain? We somehow managed to forget to take a picture of our family, which might have something to do with the fact that I'm the one that takes all the pictures! Just the way I like it ;) We'll have to dress up in our Christmas outfits again this weekend and get a picture of us all together. I hope everyone had a happy, relaxing week filled with lots of knitting! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Happy New Year to you too Heather. It looked liked you had a lot of fun in your household over Christmas.

Amy

12/31/2005 06:16:00 AM  
Blogger YarnB said...

Heather, Happy New Year. Thanks for posting on my blog! Can you send me your email? Mine is bailieboy@aol.com. bailieboy is my bearded collie. I wanted to ask you about how you did the armholes for Picovoli. I hope I am reading it right. If you don't mind!!! And whenever you have time, NO hurry. I could post on the blog too I guess, but then I'll have your email too. Yours looks like it is coming along well. I am enjoying knitting it. I don't think I cast on the same way as you though so I hope I am doing it correctly!! Have a nice New Year with your family!!!!

12/31/2005 03:42:00 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Did you get the cotton patine for the Debbie Bliss sweater? I've been eyeing that sweater too, and I swatched with the cotton patine. It was pretty, but seemed a little floppy for a cabled hoodie. I settled on cotton fleece and really liked the swatch but haven't started the sweater yet. I'll keeep an eye out for when you start yours and we can have a mini knitalong!

1/04/2006 01:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home