Thursday, December 15, 2005

Knits for 2006

Christmas is so stressful, while I have been knitting as usual, I haven't had time to take pictures or blog about it with all of the Christmas preparations. I've pretty much finished Sharfik, I only need to weave in the ends and possibly add fringe. Everyone else thinks I should forget the fringe but for some reason I really like it! I figure I can add it and if he doesn't like it, I can take it off. Of course, I'm sure he would never say he didn't like it, but that's beside the point. I've also started a hat for my son. It's a basic garter stitch rib hat with 2 colors knit out of Cascade Indulgence. The yarn is not at all what I expected looking at it online, it claims to be worsted weight but is much thinner than I thought it would be. The hat looks a little lacey up close but it's actually turning out well. I almost abandoned the project but I'm glad I kept with it. I'm actually relatively new at knitting and still get confused with guage & yarn weights. Here are the projects I have lined up for 2006: 1. Debbie Bliss Cable Hooded Jacket in Elsebeth Lavold Cotton Patine (I'm getting the yarn for Christmas). 2. Picovoli by Grumperina knit with Knit Picks Shine in Blush (ahhh, pink - I didn't particularly like any of the colors but I can't really complain for $15 for the entire project). 3. A cute little Picot Dress by Debbie Bliss from Special Knits, also knit with Shine (pink and cream combo). 4. 2 Bunny Rabbits also from Special Knits knit with Cashsoft Aran (blue) and Cashmerino Aran (pink). I have all the yarn for these project which should keep me busy for at least a few weeks, right? LOL! That cable sweater is going to take forever but I'm really excited, I haven't actually knit anything for myself yet besides my first FO which was a scarf made with Lion Brand Homespun, which I actually wore today for the first time because it was freezing! I'll try to post an offical FO post for the Accordion sweater tomorrow - I finally got the zipper sewn on properly and I washed and "blocked" it (I use the term lightly, I'm not sure laying it flat on top of my dryer counts).

4 Comments:

Blogger Jes said...

Wow! You're doing way better than me. I can't see anything beyond Dec. 25th (except, ofcourse, all the Christmas projects I haven't finished by then) Ack!

12/16/2005 09:04:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

You are on a roll!

Amy

12/17/2005 02:05:00 PM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Now that's some good knitting to look forward to! Can't wait to see it all (and glad you figured out the zipper on your sons cardi - it's very cute)!

12/18/2005 11:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, I just got your comment on my blog--thanks for stopping by! My Koigu is colorway 324, a blend of muted pinks and greens.

I hope you and your two munchkins have a great holiday :)

12/21/2005 10:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home