Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Helmetliners

I picked up the most recent issue of Knit It! and saw an article about knitting helmetliners for soldiers. I thought it would be something I would like to do, so I bought 5 hanks of Cascade 220 from an awesome eBay seller, pollybud, for only $4.25 a hank! My son thinks the ball my mom and I wound is the neatest thing ever, and it was removed before I could even get the first picture! He is always asking me where it is and rolls it around the room. I better get it on the needles soon! I finally finished the socks, I'll post pictures when I get a chance. They're not very comfortable but I'm glad I finished them. I need a break from socks for a while and think I'll do more research and get a really great pattern and yarn for my next pair. I asked for Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush for Christmas so maybe I'll start my next pair of socks in January.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will not be disappointed with KOTR. I have a lot of sock books and I've knit more from that one than from many others.

11/10/2005 07:54:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Brynne knows her stuff. She is an amazing sock knitter.

Amy

11/10/2005 05:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home