Thursday, November 03, 2005

Halloween!

Well, Halloween was pretty crappy overall this year. I was sick with mastitis and my fever made me so achy I couldn't move off of the couch. I at least made it from our couch to the in-laws couch so I could be part of the action. James would not put his costume on for anything. He was supposed to be Buzz Lightyear. My husband picked it out because James wouldn't tell us what he wanted to be and he loves Toy Story so we though why not. I have no idea why he didn't want to dress up. Some of his friends came over and they were dressed up but he just wouldn't do it. I was going to make them costumes this year because I was feeling particularly crafty but ended up realizing I just didn't have the time and it wasn't worth the trouble this year. I'm glad I didn't because I would have been really frustruated if I made something and he didn't wear it. So he went trick-or-treating in his regular clothes, with a plastic B&N bag and he was filthy dirty. I wasn't sure we should let him go without dressing up but he had a lot of fun and that's all that matters. Claire, on the other hand, was a great sport and had no problem putting her costume on. She didn't even mind the hat! She went trick-or-treating in her stroller and laughed at all the kids running around. So hopefully I won't be sick next year and we can get into it a little more. It's such a fun holiday but for some reason none of us were really into it this year. We never even got pumpkins or anything! And here is a shot of me and the kids with my dad from dinner last week.

3 Comments:

Blogger knittinmom said...

Those kids sure are cute! Claire looks too adorable in her little cow costume. Don't ya just love Halloween?

11/03/2005 08:23:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Oh my! That cow costume!! Could your kids be any cuter?

Is the swatch for the Debbie Bliss sweater?

Amy

11/04/2005 07:45:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

Look at that little cow! That is the costume that I was talking about. I thought it was the cutest thing I ever saw. How funny that you got that and we didn't even talk about beforehand. =)

11/04/2005 09:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home