Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Dear dad....

I found out my dad has prostate cancer a few months ago and he went in for surgery to remove it on Monday. Everything went well and, fortunately, the doctors think they caught it in time and believe they were able to remove all of it and that he is "cured". It's made me realize how much I miss my dad, I don't see him as much anymore with our busy lives but he is an awesome dad and I don't know what I'd do without him. So after visiting him at the hospital yesterday I had to stop at the yarn store nearby and I bought 4 balls of Cashsoft Aran in a dark green color to make Sharfik for him. I am really looking forward to knitting this for him as I have more of an emotional attatchment to this gift than any other I've made so far. I think he'll really like it. I did 3 repeats on it last night and am in love! It is a beautiful pattern and there's nothing better than Rowan Cashsoft! I really need to branch out an try more yarns but I just can't resist it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jes said...

Wow! That looks so nice. I'm sure he'll love it. And woh, talk about weird color on the computers. That thing looks browner than brown to me. No green in sight. I def need to see that puppy in person.

11/30/2005 03:43:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

You Dad will adore it. I hope all is well with him.

Amy

11/30/2005 04:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's beautiful! Your dad is lucky to have such a wonderful daughter. He's in our prayers for continued recovery.

12/01/2005 09:56:00 AM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Glad to hear that the docs think your dad will be fine. I hope his recovery goes smoothly! Your Sharfik is coming along beautifully.

12/01/2005 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

I'm glad your dad came through the surgery okay! The scarf will definitely cheer him up.

12/04/2005 12:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home