Monday, November 21, 2005

Curtains

For those of you thinking of making your own custom draperies, it's not as easy as one might think. A few months ago I spent over $700 on fabric at Calico Corners for the dining room and living room (5 windows). The plan is to make 2 basic 86" panels for each window, sounds easy right? Well, I spent the entire day making curtains with my MIL and have 1 panel finished! We had to rip out seams and re-cut the fabric a few times to get it just right. It was confusing trying to figure out the measurements with the lining, etc. Hopefully they will go faster now that we have some idea what we're doing. It is beautiful though and really looks good. I just hope we can get the other one finished and hung by Thanksgiving. My brain is so fried. I don't have much knitting news since I've been working on curtains! Sewing really is not my favorite thing to do but the results make it worth it. I'm really getting stressed about getting the house ready for Thanksgiving. Even though it's just close family, I still want everything to be perfect! The house always feels like a bomb hit it with the kids' toys everywhere. Plus, with all the work we've been doing on the house there's always tools and ladders in the way. I have a lot of work to do in the next 2 days!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I sewed the majority of the curtains and my house. They are a huge pain!

I have complete confidence that you will be able to get it all done, and your family will be in awe of your new room.

Amy

11/22/2005 06:19:00 AM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Glad you got it figured out!

11/22/2005 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

I hear ya' on the house stress. I tried to clean some yesterday and it wiped me out. I have so much more to do tonight. Oh, and I don't have a roasting pan so now, guess who's off to target...ah!
I would say don't worry about it, but that would be do as I say, not as I do...so I leave you with, good luck and may the force be with us.

11/22/2005 11:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home