Thursday, November 03, 2005

And now back to knitting...

I am so close to throwing these stupid socks right out the window. I bound off what I thought was "loosely" which obviously was not loose enough because they will not go on my feet anymore. And of course, I already cut the tail (although it is probably long enough to redo). I have been so frustruated with these socks and I'm not sure I even like them. I just don't like to leave things unfinished and I figure I'll at least learn what I like/don't like about these socks by finishing them. That way I can make changes if I ever knit socks again. I'm sure I'll finish them but I think I need to set them aside for a few days (although knowing me I'll jump back in again tonight). I decided to try a swatch of the cable sweater I want to make to see if the KP Shine yarn would work. It looks pretty good and I love the way it feels! And I especially like the price and the fact that it is machine washable. I think I'll throw the swatch in with my laundry today to see how it turns out. I used size 6 needles which is what the pattern calls for and even though the yarn is a little thinner I manged to get the correct guage. Since it's a thinner yarn I was also worried about there being too much space between the stitches but it seems ok. Has anyone else knit Shine with size US6 needles? And by the way, the sweater will not be pink! I just happened to buy a ball of Shine in the color Blush with my last order to try it out. I would do the sweater in cream :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knit my Tivoli in knitpicks shine on a 6 and it knitted up fine. The stitches weren't loose or anything. The only thing I can say is that although I had gauge it grew after i knit and blocked it. It ended up being too big on me so make sure you measure your swatch before and after, I wet block my shirt and probably would have been better if I just threw it in the dryer.

11/03/2005 04:01:00 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

The swatch looks great. I think you'll be fine using that yarn.

11/04/2005 09:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Shine in the washer and dryer. It does get a little tiny bit fuzzy after the first wash, but it holds up really well. I think it keeps its shape better in the dryer than by drying flat, too.

11/10/2005 07:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home