Wednesday, October 26, 2005

These socks will be the end of me...

I have ripped them out again because this time they were a little too small. I'm not obsessive compulsive, really! Ok, maybe a little bit. I'm getting so frustruated I think it may be time to put them away for a while and concentrate on something else. I've been knitting every night for the past week and have nothing to show for it! I'm feeling stressed because I feel like I should be knitting things for Christmas presents but I don't have any projects in mind. I can't think of anything easy enough to make 8-9 of between now and Christmas. I have an all or nothing mentality, if I'm going to make gifts for one I should make them for all. I'm feeling overwhelmed.

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Don't give up on the socks! You can do it!

Look for patterns that knit up quickly for Christmas gifts. The Violette hat that I just knit took 1.5 hours TOPS.

Amy

10/27/2005 05:51:00 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

I wouldn't worry about getting the socks done right now. You're too stressed about it. Let them go and work on Christmas presents instead. I think that will make you feel better.
There is a book out called last minute knitted gifts (or something like that) that I saw yesterday and it has a lot of good ideas in it. Maybe try to get your hands on that and pick out some stuff to make. If all else fails, I know someone who will go shopping with you ;)

10/27/2005 07:42:00 AM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

I think it's a good idea to let the socks rest for awhile. When the frustration goes away and you come back to them later, they will probably go much better. It works for me, anyway! =)
As for Christmas gifts -- I knit a couple of Sophie Bags as gifts and they went really quickly. Longer than 1.5 hours, but still pretty quick. =) They only take one skein of Cascade 220, too. Good luck!

10/27/2005 09:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home