Monday, October 17, 2005

Knitty rocks!

I recently discovered Knitty and it has the best free patterns anywhere! I recently finished these adorable baby Cargo pants (knit with Rowan All Seasons Cotton). They turned out so cute, it was my first time knitting in the round and I loved it! I want to try some socks soon but I need to finish the projects I have going. This is also what led me to blogging, I discovered Knitlet because she is the designer of these adorable pants and I love reading her blog. It's what inspired me to start one of my own. This is the Accordion sweater I'm working on now, also from Knitty. I had this Plymouth Encore yarn left over from a sweater I started in college (7 years ago) for myself. I knit the entire back and when I held it up to myself, it was way too long and I got frustruated and put it away and it never got finished. That why I like knitting stuff for the kids so much more! The projects are small enough they actually get finished and they're easier to make the right size. Anyway, I went to my LYS and bought a skein in red for the stripes. I love the way it looks but the yarn isn't very fun to work with and I don't really like ribbing. I can't wait to break out the Rowan Cashsoft out of my yarn stash for my next project! I want to get this one finished though since my son is excited about it. It's getting cold fast and he could really use it soon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you liked the pants! I love knit/mom blogs, so I'll be sure to stay tuned.

10/17/2005 01:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home