Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I am such a dope

I actually fell down the stairs today. Yep, and I'm admitting it on a blog for the whole blog-world to see. We've been stripping wallpaper off the stairway walls and I'd like to say I slipped on a piece of wallpaper but sadly I actually cleaned it up already! I have no idea what happened, and I was holding my 6 month old daughter too. We're both ok but my bum hurts. It knocked the wind right out of me and I'm starting to feel sore already. Oh well, I guess I'll have to sit around the house all day and knit. On to more interesting things, here are the labels I created from Grumperina's awesome custom label tutorial. I bought iron on transfer paper from Staples and satin ribbon & fray check from Joanne's. I didn't think they would turn out nearly as well as they did! Of course I sewed a label on the Cargo pants I just finished and when I washed them the iron on transfer peeled off. So I washed the others I made to make sure they wouldn't peel off before I sew them onto my projects and they were all fine so I must not have ironed that particular label long enough. I was thinking maybe they weren't sticking because I used satin but the ribbon is 100% polyester which the box says is ok to use with the iron on transfer paper. I think they are adorable, they say "Hand-knit for Claire (or James) by Mommy" and they have the yarn contents & wash instructions. If you click on the picture you can see the labels more clearly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home