Saturday, October 22, 2005

The fun of socks

Ever wonder what 2 hours of knitting socks looks like? Well, that picture pretty much sums it up. That's as far as I got last night after watching a movie (which I don't remember much of) and lots of cursing and screaming. I now have two lovely toe warmers! We'll see how it goes. I love the way the self-striping yarn is turning out but they yarn feels like it may be a bit scratchy. Maybe I should try Lorna's Laces next time, if there ever is a next time! The toes look a little pointy, I'm having trouble getting the whole picture but I'm sure it'll make sense when I get farther along. In other news, we put on the base molding in the dining room and it looks so good! I had no idea my husband knew how to use a saw but he did an amazing job. Crown molding will be easy after this!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know where you live. And I'm watching you.

10/23/2005 12:47:00 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I guess you can see me since you're sitting right next to me! I never should have given my husband my blog address...

10/23/2005 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Okay, your husband has a sick sense of humor! That comment creeped me right out.

I have to say I hated two socks on two circs when I tried it, but I like doing one sock on two circs... The yarn should soften up the first time you wash it. I haven't used that exact yarn yet (have some in the ol' stash) but that's what I've heard (and that's what the KP Essential did for me).

Your dining room is looking great - can't wait to see the finished wainscoting. You've inspired me to start working on the house again (yeah, right - in all my spare time)!

10/23/2005 01:16:00 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

O-kay, that first comment creeped me out too until I read that it was from your husband! LOL
Wow, two socks on two circs! Very cool. I like the colors. I hope the yarn softens up for you. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

10/23/2005 10:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You inspired me to learn to knit and had the patience to teach me. It's been a lot of fun working on the baby blanket for Claire. It is almost finished--I just need to add the satin binding. I don't know if I'll even be able to tackle some of the projects you have knit so easily but I'm ready to try something new. It's getting more difficult to find time to go to work. I would much rather be with you and the kids, knitting, helping you around the house or going to Target together. I never imagined being a MIL could be so great.
Love from your MIL

11/05/2005 01:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home